In search of a new podcast? Celebrate Black History Month by tuning into these five amazing podcasts by Black creators.
- Scam Goddess – Winner of the iHeartRadio Podcast Award for Best Crime Podcast, Scam Goddess gives you the lowdown on the latest scams, plus stories of the greatest scam artists and frauds throughout history. If you love true crime—and also love to laugh—Scam Goddess is for you.
- Therapy For Black Girls – Named the 2022 Best Wellness & Fitness Podcast at the iHeartRadio Podcast Awards, Therapy for Black Girls is a weekly conversation with licensed therapist Joy Harden. From dating and relationships to mindfulness, parenting, pop culture, and more, Therapy for Black Girls is devoted to helping you become the best version of yourself.
- Why Won’t You Date Me? – Comedy meets relationships in this podcast hosted by Nicole Byer, winner of the iHeartRadio Podcast Award for Best Overall Host. In each episode, Byer and a guest (a comedian, friend, or ex-fling) chat about love, life, and relationships, in an attempt to answer Byer’s eponymous question.
- The Poet Speaks Podcast – In this weekly podcast, Spoken Word Artist Amanda Eke talks with other Spoken Word artists from around the world on topics ranging from oral tradition to performing to why it’s so important for their voices to be heard.
- Floodlines – This serialized podcast tells the untold stories of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. Called a “shocking must-listen” by Podsauce, Floodlines will open your eyes to the negligence and racism exposed by one of the worst natural disasters in American history.