The pandemic has drastically altered the shopping habits of consumers. Market research firm Provoke Insights surveyed thousands of consumers before, during, and after the height of the pandemic. The results were presented during a webinar titled “Meet the New Retail Shopper,” and offered these key findings, according to Inside Radio:
- One in five consumers say they are most excited about going back to shopping in stores, even though there is still concern while doing so.
- Nearly 50% of Americans prefer purchasing online vs. in-store, with almost eight in 10 saying it “takes the hassle out of shopping.”
- Consumers still prefer buying cleaning supplies and personal care items in person, but for apparel and footwear, they prefer a mix of online and in-store.
- Online sales of groceries and alcoholic beverages have declined after increasing during the pandemic’s peak.
- Online shoppers are more likely to be quality-conscious and less inclined to be brand-loyal or price-focused than in-store shoppers.
For both online and in-person consumers, advertising is key to building brand loyalty, keeping brands top-of-mind, and attracting new customers through discounts and promotions.
Ready to explore the benefits of audio advertising for your brand? Contact SMI to find out how you can advertise on broadcast, streaming, or satellite radio and podcasts.