- One out of four persons 25-54 cannot be reached on linear TV. AM/FM radio’s 89% weekly reach among persons 25-54 is much stronger than television’s 77%.
- Pay TV lost 5.5 million subscribers in 2020. Viewers cutting the cable cord means 40% of Americans won’t see cable ads.
- Time spent with broadcast, cable, and non-live viewing is down, especially for original programming.
- Putting AM/FM radio in the plan generates triple the reach of connected TV.
- Broadcast television and cable viewership has always skewed old, and now both are skewing even older.
- AM/FM radio makes your TV better by reaching the vast majority of light TV viewers.
To reach a larger—and younger—audience, advertisers need radio. As an example for what radio can do, Bouvard cited a Nielsen Media Impact study, which found that the average Proctor & Gamble brand experiences a +38% lift in reach due to their AM/FM radio schedules.
Ready to expand the reach of your messaging and experience radio’s impact on lift? To hear your brand on broadcast, satellite, or streaming radio and podcasts, contact SMI today.